How Do I Assign Vehicles to Employees?
About the Vehicle Records Usage tab in Expenses and Benefits
Within the Company Vehicle Usage tab you can perform the following:
- Assign a vehicle to the employee.
- Add further details to the Vehicle Usage record.
Vehicle Usage pane
This is where you can assign a vehicle to an employee.
This is where you can add further details to the Vehicle Usage record.
For each vehicle usage record, you can enter any further details that are relevant to calculating the taxable benefit. The Details pane contains the following tabs:
Payments for Private Use
Use this tab to record any Payment Amount and its Payment Date. Payments made for private use are offset against the benefit charge for the vehicle.
If the vehicle is unavailable, use this tab to record the Date Range and reason why the vehicle is unavailable.
Private Fuel Provision
If the company is providing fuel for the employee's private vehicle usage, use this tab to record the From and To date range, if the fuel is Repaid in Full and any Notes.
If an employee has contributed any money to the vehicle, use this tab to record the purchase Amount of any capital contribution and the Date it was made.
Shared Van Usage
If an employee shares the vehicle with an other employee, use this tab to record the Tax Year, Percentage Allocated and any Notes.
Once the OpRA is set in the Vehicle Usage pane, you can enter an amount in this tab.
To assign vehicles
- Navigate to the desired employee's Expenses & Benefits window.
Go to Cintra iQ: Employment Record> Forms> Expenses/Benefits
- Navigate to the Company Vehicle Usage tab.
- Right-click: New in the Vehicle Usage pane. The New Vehicle Usage pop up appears.
- Enter the desired From date. This date reflects the start date of when the employee has access to the vehicle.
- Enter the desired To date. This date reflects the end date of when the employee no longer has access to the vehicle.
- Select the type of vehicle that is being assigned to the employee.
- Link the vehicle usage to OpRA, if applicable.
- Click the OK button. The vehicle is now assigned. You can add further details to the vehicle usage record when necessary.
How Do I Add Further Details to the Vehicle Usage Record?
Before you begin to payroll company vehicles within Cintra iQ, you must create the company vehicle records and then assign them to employees. Once you have assigned a vehicle to the employee, you can add any further details to the vehicle's record ...
How Do I Create Vehicle Records?
Before you begin to payroll company vehicles within Cintra iQ, you must set up the company vehicle records. When you create a new record, all of the data that is relevant when calculating the taxable benefit for the user of this vehicle appears on ...
How Do I Exclude Employees from Vehicle and Mileage Benefits?
You, as the employer, must not deduct more than 50% in tax from an employee’s pay. This is called the Overriding Limit and ensures that employees aren’t left with too little pay to cover their living costs. This limit is automatically imposed where ...
How Do I Assign Other Payrolled Benefits to Employees?
Within Cintra iQ, you can payroll any other benefits that are not vehicles or mileage, to be taxed during a payroll period instead of when the P11D is submitted to HMRC at the end of the year. Other benefits can be Health Insurers, Dentists, ...
Where Do I Assign Cost Codes to Employees/Posts?
You can mirror your company cost code structure with Cintra iQ. Once this is done, you can set up rules and provide input data so that your costs and liabilities can be analysed accurately, according to your company management accounting ...