How Do I Create a Correction for a New Starter in a Previous Tax Period?
The usual process of creating an employee is adopted but when the Payroll Membership form is created, if you want the correction to be applied in the tax period in which they should have started, you can perform the following:
1. Assign the new starter to a payroll
- Navigate to the Payroll Membership History window.
Go to Cintra iQ: Employment Record> Forms> Payroll Membership.
- Right-click: New in the Payroll History Membership pane. The Payroll New Starter form appears.
- Select the desired Payroll.
- Enter the Start Date.
- Select the desired Period to enable the correction.
- Click the OK button.
2. Apply the start date to the employee's post history
For more information about Post History, see the Post History
- Navigate to the employee's Post History window.
Go to Cintra iQ: Employment Record> Forms> Post History
- Create the employee's Post History record.
- Ensure the employee's start date is enter as the From Date.
3. Calculate the payslip
- Navigate to the employee's Payslip_Period Summary window.
Go to Cintra iQ: Employment Record> Forms> Payslip
- Click the Calculate button. The payslip is updated to display the correction from the employee's Start Date to the end of that period as well as the pay in the current period. The Income Tax deducted and National Insurance contribution are also corrected.
Corrections - Check List
Use the Corrections Check List to keep track of your Correction tasks within Cintra iQ. Name Description Create Corrections in the employee's Post History's Work Patterns, Sickness Calendar Events, and Payments and Rates forms. How Do I Create ...
How Do I Create Ad Hoc Corrections?
Corrections are used to make payments or deductions in a current period but apply tax/ni calculations according to the periods in which they should have been earned. In general any back dated payments will occur automatically. You can make a ...
How Do I Create Corrections?
Corrections are used to make payments or deductions in a current period but apply tax/NI calculations according to the periods in which they should have been earned. The Cintra iQ software is date driven; it enables you to go back and re evaluate tax ...
How Do I Amend/Remove Corrections?
Depending on how you set up your correction process, the method of amending the correction back to the pre-correction values is slightly different from each other. The best way to approach the amendments is to reverse the changes you made. The way ...
How Do I Create a New Starter Statement?
As part of the RTI (Real Time Information) process, you must complete a new starter statement for all new starters who have P45 details and for those starters who do not. To create a new statement for employees who have P45 details Go to Cintra iQ: ...