How Do I Customise My Team in Self-Service?
By default, the Holiday Bookings and Absence team calendars contain all the employees in your organisation unit. Within Self-Service's Team Setup, you can set up other people in your team or create a smaller team, and keep track of their absences through the Team Calendar within the Holiday Bookings and Absence modules.
I am Charlotte Rice the Team Leader, and I want to set up my team so that only Ellis Page, Daniel Savage, Kayleigh Summers and Billy Wallace, in my department, can see each others and my absences.
From time to time you may need to make changes to the existing team by removing the person from the list of team members.
I am Charlotte Rice the Team Leader, and Billy Wallace has transferred out of my department to another, therefore it is no longer relevant him to share my calendar.
To add new team members
- Log in to Self-Service.
- Navigate to the Settings>Team Setup page.
- Enter the name of the desired employee in the Search Colleagues field. The employee's name appears in the Include in My Holiday/Absence Calendar pane.
Note: A global setting within Self-Service defines the maximum number of rows that can be displayed within the Search Results pane. Once that limit is exceeded, the Search Results pane remains empty and a message appears at the bottom of the page stating "Your search matches too many people to display. Please narrow your search.". Enter criteria that would reduce the number of matches and select the desired employee.
- Clikc the Save Changes button.
- Continue to add and save the desired members to your team. Once you have returned to the Holiday and/or Absence team calendars, you can see the team members listed. Note: If a team member is greyed out, they have restricted you from seeing their calendar. For more information, see How Do I Restrict Access to My Team in Self-Service?
To remove team members
- Highlight the desired member in the Include in My Holiday/Absence Calendar pane.
- Click the X button.
- Click the Save Changes button. The employee is removed from the list. Once you have returned to the Holiday and/or Absence team calendars, you can see the team members listed without the employee(s).
To return to the default team list
From time to time you may wish to return to the default setup. This can be done before accepting any changes to the list of employees.
After you have added or removed employees to and from the Include in My Holiday/Absence Calendar pane, click the Discard Changes button before saving the changes. This refreshes the page and returns you to the original list of employees.
How Do I Restrict Access to My Team in Self-Service?
Once you have set up your team in Self-Service, you can choose whom to share your calendar with by restricting access to all but certain colleagues. If you don't set up a team restriction, then everyone in the organisation can add you to their team ...
Self-Service Login Questions
From time-to-time you may have problems within Self-Service. This article contains answers to frequently asked questions about problems with logging into Self-Service, date-of-birth, etc. Why can't I connect to the Self-Service site? You may not be ...
How Do I Create Self-Service Users?
As the user administrator, you can create Self-Service accounts and send Self-Service users emails which contain their usernames and password. When a user first logs into Self-Service with the emailed password, they are prompted to change their ...
How Do I View My Payslips in Self-Service?
Your Self-Service should be set up to automatically display your payslips. To view your payslips Log into Self-Service. Click the Payslip Menu option. A list of Payslips appear under the menu, starting with the most recent. Double-click the desired ...
Self-Service Forms - Check List
In order to view Return to Work Declaration forms and Training Event Feedback forms within Self-Service, you must first set up the forms within Cintra iQ. Each form should contain questions for the Self-Service user to answer. For more information ...