How Do I Enter an Amount Forgone for an OpRA Agreement?

How Do I Enter an Amount Forgone for an OpRA Agreement?

For Company Cars with CO2 emissions over 75g, you will need to enter the amount foregone (ie: the Salary Sacrifice) for an OpRA agreement, if applicable. Cintra iQ will then calculate the appropriate taxable charge either on a P11D or for a payrolled benefit for each period.
If the CO2 emissions are 75 gms or below, any OpRA forgone amounts will be disregarded when calculating the vehicle benefit.
You can create entries for each car that you have used for a tax year along with the actual benefit that is foregone if you set the OPRA flag to Y. Once this is set in the Expenses & Benefits window> Company Vehicle Usage tab> Vehicle Usage pane, you can enter an amount in the Amount Foregone tab in the Details pane.
This is only applicable for P11D returns from tax year 2017/18 onwards.

To enter a forgone amount

  1. Navigate to the desired employee's Expenses & Benefits window. 
    Go to Cintra iQ: Employment Record> Forms> Expenses/Benefits 
  2. Navigate to the Company Vehicle Usage tab.
  3. Highlight the desired Vehicle Usage record in the Vehicle Usage pane where OPRA is set to Y.
  4. Navigate to the Amount Forgone tab in the Details pane.
  5. Right-click: New. The New Vehicle Amount Forgone form appears.
  6. Enter the Vehicle Forgone Amount.
  7. Ente the Fuel Foregone Amount.
  8. Select the Tax Year.
  9. Click the Apply button.
  10. Click the OK button to save and exit.

    • Related Articles

    • How Do I Assign Vehicles to Employees?

      Before you begin to payroll company vehicles within Cintra iQ, you must create the company vehicle records and then assign them to employees.  About the Vehicle Records Usage tab in Expenses and Benefits Within the Company Vehicle Usage tab you can ...
    • How Do I Add Further Details to the Vehicle Usage Record?

      Before you begin to payroll company vehicles within Cintra iQ, you must create the company vehicle records and then assign them to employees. Once you have assigned a vehicle to the employee, you can add any further details to the vehicle's record ...
    • How Do I Enter Mileage Claims for Employees?

      Within Cintra iQ, you can create a mileage scheme if you are paying above HMRC rates for employees using their own car for business purposes. The amount above the HMRC rate is subject to tax and NI. The taxable amount would be recorded on a P11d and ...
    • How Do I Exclude Employees from Vehicle and Mileage Benefits?

      You, as the employer, must not deduct more than 50% in tax from an employee’s pay. This is called the Overriding Limit and ensures that employees aren’t left with too little pay to cover their living costs. This limit is automatically imposed where ...
    • How Do I Create Vehicle Records?

      Before you begin to payroll company vehicles within Cintra iQ, you must set up the company vehicle records. When you create a new record, all of the data that is relevant when calculating the taxable benefit for the user of this vehicle appears on ...