What is Security within Cintra iQ?
Within Cintra iQ, you can create individual security definitions, group them together and then attach them to a security profile which in turn can be applied to a user. Each security profile can contain one or more security definitions specific to the user's needs so that they can only have access to certain information within Cintra iQ.
You must have System Administration permission in order to access this functionality.
The Security module within Cintra iQ describes how to set up the following definitions:
- File Permission Security
- Look up Security
- Menu Security
- Field Security
- Record Security
Keep a log of your security settings for future reference
The Security module also describes how to assign the following:
- Multiple Field Access definitions to a profile
- Multiple Record Access definitions to a profile
- Profile to a user.
You can create a user independently of a profile but they still need to be linked together.
Before you begin ...
When you are thinking about setting up the security definitions, think about the users and their roles:
- What their duties include
- What their duties do not include
- What fields they can access
- What kind of security is required.
When Sally, who works in HR, logs in to Cintra iQ, I don't want her to use the Payroll menu. So that would be Menu Access security. And I don't want her to enter new absence reasons, so that is Lookup security. And I don't want to her to access certain fields, so that is Field Access security.
Basic security steps
I need to set up a new user who does not have access to discipline data or medical history, but can see personal details. Therefore, I should perform the following:
- Go to Cintra iQ: System Administration> Manage Security
- Create the following individual security definitions.
- File Permission Security: Within this definition, you can restrict the ability to create new records and/or delete records in the Navigator depending on the desired Folder's permissions set up. e.g. I can use this to restrict records being added to Company Vehicles. For more information, see What is File Permission Security?
- Lookup Security: Within this definition, you can restrict access to a Lookup table so that the data within the table cannot be changed. e.g. I can use this to restrict access to the Equal Opportunity data such as nationalities, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, or disabilities so that new values cannot be added on an ad hoc basis. For more information, see What is Lookup Security?
- Menu Security: Within this definition, you can restrict access to various menu options. e.g. I can use this to restrict access to the Payroll Tools menu options, so that Sally in HR does not have access. For more information, see What is Menu Security?
- Field Security: Within this process, you can create a Field Access definition. A Field Access definition is a list of individual fields that restricts access to the data that is displayed in the fields. e.g. I can use this to blank out another employee's banking details and salary, or make the fields read only, so that no data can be changed. For more information, see What is Field Security?
- Record Security: Within this process, you can create a Record Filter definition. A Record Filter definition is a security definition that restricts access to particular records in the Navigator, so that when a user logs in, they only have access to certain records. e.g. I can use this to restrict access to any of my director's employment records so that the records cannot be viewed in the system. For more information, see What is Record Security?
- Create the Main security profile.
This allows you to select which individual security definitions you wish to assign to the Main security profile. For more information, see What are Security Profiles?
Set the User security details.
Set Payroll Access.
Set Audit Access.
How Do I Set a Password within Cintra iQ?
If required, as a System Administrator, you can enforce the password strength policy within Cintra iQ. You can perform the following: Enforce a password strength check within Cintra iQ. Understand the password strength check rules. Set a user's ...
Timesheet Tasks within Cintra iQ
The Timesheet set up in Cintra iQ controls the Timesheet Claims within Self-Service for those employees who are in a single post or who have multiple posts. For more information about Timesheets, see What are Timesheet Groups and Headings? You can ...
How Do I Manage Users within Cintra Cloud?
1. Login to Cintra Cloud To manage users, login to Cintra Cloud as usual. Open a browser and navigate to https:\\cintra.cloud. Sign-in with your email address and password. Enter the code sent to your mobile phone. Note: Only users with the User ...
Cintra Cloud Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Cintra Cloud? Our brand new cloud-based portal makes outsourcing your payroll with us easier than ever. It has been designed to increase efficiency and reduce the time you spend on administrative tasks across your business, as well as ...
Troubleshooting: MCR Errors within Cintra iQ
Within Cintra iQ, you can create a Monthly Contributions Reconciliation (MCR) report by extracting data through MCR. Previously, as an employer, once you were on board with monthly data collection, you had to submit to Teachers' Pension (TP) each ...